15. The use of profanity, obscene signs/gestures, illegal drugs, or alcohol on the school bus is prohibited.
16. Students shall never leave the bus through the emergency exits except during an emergency situation or
supervised evacuation drill.
17. Students are not permitted to occupy more space in a seat than needed or refuse to allow another
passenger to sit down.
18. Should the conduct of a student on the bus endanger the safety and welfare of other individuals, and the
offending student fails to cease such conduct when requested to do so by the driver, it shall be the duty
of the driver to put the offender off the bus at the first opportune moment and immediately report his
action to the Director of Transportation and Transportation Area Supervisor. This will be done only in
extreme cases and as a last resort to protect other students on the bus. The bus driver must be prepared
to justify this action to parents and school officials.
19. Students shall not have in their possession weapons or fireworks of any type, water guns, squirt bottles,
or any container of water.
20. If a student has a medical problem and is to be involved in a curricular activity, information should be
supplied to principal, teacher, and/or chaperone.
21. Passengers are permitted to leave the bus only at the regular, designated stop. Any change must be
made by the parent with a request in writing and be approved and signed by the school principal. The
principal will issue a bus pass to the driver.
22. In case of a road emergency involving the bus, or the bus and another vehicle, the students are to remain
in the bus unless given other instructions by the driver.
23. Any radio, tape, communications system that the Board shall permit to be installed on the school bus
shall be under the control of the driver. The Board shall not permit a radio, tape, or communication
system to be operated on the school bus that is not under the direct control of the driver (KRS 156.031,
24. Vocational, cooperative education, and other students who are transported to work sites will adhere to
the same rules and regulations set by the Board of Education.