"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."
Important dates for this School Year
In Person Open House - Scheduled with Teacher, August 26th - August 28th
Drive-Thru Open House - August 26, 5:00 - 7:00
First Day - August 31st
No School, Labor Day - September 7nd
No School, Teacher Planning Day - November 2nd
No School - November 3rd
Thanksgiving Break - November 25th - November 27th
Christmas Break - December 21st - January 1st
No School, Martin Luther King Day - January 18th
No School, Teacher Planning Day - February 1st
No School, Presidents' Day - February 15th
No School - March 19th
Spring Break - April 5th - April 9th
Things to help you prepare for kindergarten
In kindergarten, we are going to work really hard to ensure we are prepare for first grade. It is very important to help the children learn by continuing to work with them at home. Some things to work on are listed below and I will gladly send home activity ideas that are fun and easy, if you would like. If you have any questions about anything, just send me an email or call and I will assist you the best I can!
- Practice writing first and last name.
- Practice having your child complete things independently. For example, putting their coat on and zipping it, along with toileting needs.
- Practice recognizing numbers and counting objects.
- Practice recognizing letters, letter sounds and writing them.
- Practice cutting with scissors independently.
- Read to your child daily.