Welcome to our classroom!
Ms. Wilson/2nd Grade
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. “
Dear Families, I am so excited to be your child’s second-grade teacher this year. It is definitely an interesting year none like we have ever experienced, but I know we'll make it through this together. Mapleton Elementary is a great school and I am so happy to be a part of your child’s school journey.
● I will be providing info VERY soon on how to use SchoolsPLP. The platform is pretty straightforward so once you can get on and play with it MANY questions will be answered. Your log on information is included in the baggie that you are picking up in the drive-thru.
● You will use the SchoolsPLP platform to watch videos and can send and receive messages between teacher/student, but students WILL NOT be doing any PLP lessons this first week, you will only do the packets, videos and zooms the first week. These videos will be uploaded to the PLP program dashboard.
Expectations: Week 1 (August 31st- September 4th)
● The focus for your child's lessons and student (packet) activities this first week will be: getting to know you, social-emotional learning, and digital citizenship/online safety. This week is about getting to know your child, establishing relationships, setting expectations, and getting them ready for intentional distance learning.
● I am providing a packet of activities for your child this first week. You picked those up this week in the drive-thru.
I will record one lesson each day this week. These lessons will be uploaded into SchoolsPLP. They will explain the activity each day your child will complete in his/her packet.
I will also host a LIVE Zoom each day at 10:00 a.m. This will last approximately twenty minutes. We will share out the previous day activities during this time.
Topic: Wilson/1st Weeks Meetings at 10:00 am
Aug 31, 2020 10:00 AM
Sep 1, 2020 10:00 AM
Sep 2, 2020 10:00 AM
Sep 3, 2020 10:00 AM
Sep 4, 2020 10:00 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 892 3387 8228
Student Expectations for the Week of September 8th and forward
I will use the SchoolsPLP as the platform of instruction while in distance learning. I will record an instructional video for each lesson in Math, ELA (English, Language Arts), Science and Social Studies. Once your child watches the instructional video they will then complete the assignments that correspond using SchoolsPLP. I will also hold a live ZOOM session for each subject area daily to offer help and answer questions as needed.
○ Complete one ELA lesson daily
○ Complete one math lesson daily
○ Complete two science lessons weekly
○ Complete two social studies lessons weekly
○ Have access to weekly PE, Art, and Music video lessons
Friday: Make sure all assignments are turned in on SchoolsPLP or hard copies delivered to the school (only students without internet access).
*Assignments will be graded in SchoolsPLP (as the same for any packets) and updated grades will be in Infinite Campus weekly
8:00-9:00- Teacher Office Hours
9:00-9:30- Live ELA Zoom with all students that can participate
9:30-10:30- Monitoring SchoolsPLP
10:30-11:30-Teacher Meeting with administrators
11:30-12:00- Live Math Zoom with all students that can participate.
12:00-12:30- Teacher Lunch
12:30-1:30- Office hours for parent questions/emails/grading in IC
1:30-2:00- Live Science/Social Studies lesson with students that can participate
2:00-3:00- Teacher Planning and recording videos
Friday: This day will be open for students to catch up on any assignments for the week. I will be available for help sessions and phone calls.
Student Example Schedule
You can set the schedule that works best for your child and your family. All lessons are pre-recorded by me and can be accessed at any time. Zoom sessions are times for your child to check in with me and ask questions.
Student example of schedule at home:
8:00: ELA: Watch pre-recorded video then complete lesson on PLP
9:00-9:30: Live ELA Zoom,
9:30: Brain Break/Get up and Move
10:00: Math: Watch pre-recorded video then complete lesson on PLP
11:00: Check out one of the Music, Gym, Art or Library lessons
11:30: Live Math Zoom
12:30: Science/S.Studies: Watch pre-recorded video then complete lesson on PLP (choose science or social studies each day)
1:30: Live Science/Social Studies Zoom
2:00: Recess Time
3:00: Schools Over for the day!
If you have any questions, you can contact me anytime.