On behalf of the faculty and staff at Montgomery County High School, I am delighted to welcome you to the upcoming 2019-2020 school year! We are looking forward to meeting the incoming freshman class as well as seeing our returning upperclassmen. We are currently working very hard to finalize our staff for the upcoming year. Rest assured, we will have a full body of caring, high quality teachers, and coaches in place by the end of July. Currently, we look forward to welcoming the following new staff members to our school:
- Kristen Young- Math
- Daniel Diedrich- Math
- Brittany Center- Art
- Haydon Bright- Vocal Music
- Samuel Adams- Orchestra
- Leann Salyer- English
- Laura Mckenzie- English
- Ben Manning- English
- Kassandra Hamilton- FMD
- Steve Wright- Boys Basketball
- Gene Combs- Health and P.E.
Once again, MCHS will offer courses on the A-B alternating block schedule to provide more instructional time for students to participate in challenging activities that are designed to prepare students for what they will experience in college or a chosen career. The school day will begin this year at 8:20 a.m. and will continue to offer every student 36 minutes of “Tribe Time” or Response to Intervention (RTI) time each day to help all students graduate and reach their transition and readiness goals. We will focus on improving student attendance with a goal set at 94% attendance. Specific privileges for students are tied to their attendance.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure that each child experiences success and growth. As a whole, MCHS has experienced tremendous growth in nearly every area of accountability. We want to continue that growth. We recognize that the support provided to students by parents and guardians is critical and invaluable for ensuring their success at school. For this reason, we place great value on this partnership. Together we can make a difference in each child’s education and life. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school on a regular basis and arrives on time prepared and ready to learn
- Completes all in-class and homework assignments given by teachers
- Informs you in the event he/she needs additional help in any subject area
- Informs you if he/she is experiencing any barriers (physical, social, etc.) to learning at school
- Obeys all rules on the bus, at school, and at school-sponsored events
- Is encouraged to get involved in one or more extracurricular activities, whether it be athletic and/or academic
- Knows that you expect nothing but success for them in school and later in life
On behalf of the wonderful staff at Montgomery County High School, I look forward to serving your child during the upcoming year as we strive to become a school of distinction. Thank you for your children and for your support. Enjoy the remainder of your summer, and remember, “Every Day is a Great Day to Be an Indian”.
Mr. Rocky Franz