All 2012-2013 Sixth Grade students must have:
1. Up to date Immunization Certificate with expiration date (yes, your student will receive immunizations required at this age)
2. Entry to 6th grade physical exam (sports physicals cannot be used—they are a separate requirement, and are on a different KDE form)
· School Health Services are provided by the Montgomery County Health Department. In order for your child to be seen by the school nurse and receive services (other than emergency first aid) you MUST complete the school health consent—sent home the first week of school. Consent is also available online or from the school nurse.
· In order for your child to receive daily medication you MUST complete the medication consent form--Montgomery County Policies and Procedures 09.2241 AP 21—available online or from the school nurse.
· If your child has an AS NEEDED or EMERGENCY MEDICATION for a health condition such as an inhaler, Diastat, glucagon, Benadryl, Epi Pen, etc… you and your child’s health care provider MUST complete and Individual Health Plan (IHP)—available online or from the school nurse.
· BY LAW: If your child (middle or high school) is going to be responsible for carrying and/or administering their own as needed or emergency medication, their health care provider must that on the IHP or provide the school nurse with written directives. Any student found NOT having written consent from their parent and healthcare provider to carry and self administer prescription medication shall be in violation of the school drug policy.
· Parents may give written consent for meds such as Tylenol, Motrin, Midol or other as needed OTC meds on field trips.
IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP ALL STUDENTS SAFE AND HEALTHY--If your child does not have up to date health information, consent for as needed medications and/or appropriate IHP signed by physician, they may not participate in school athletics, school sponsored club activities, field trips, etc…