Check out Procedures:
- Students in Kindergarten, First, and Second grades are allowed to check out one book at a time provided they don't have a book overdue.
- Students in Third and Fourth grades are allowed to check out two books at a time provided they don't have any books overdue.
- Books are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed no more than two times.
- Students are encouraged to check out book(s) that are on their appropriate reading level and interest to help achieve reading success.
The Shelf Elf Guide to Library Etiquette:
- Keep books clean and neat, away from all you drink and eat.
- Keep books safe and out of view, from little ones and dogs that chew.
- If you need to save your place, stick a bookmark in that space.
- Turn the pages with great care; leave them whole without a tear.
- Return your books when they are due, so others can enjoy them, too.
- When in the library make this choice: Always use your quiet voice.
- Use a shelf marker you can't go wrong, put books back where they belong.