- We are determining if a book is a story or informational text.
- We are reading and writing words with the long a, e, I, o, and u sound (final e).
- We are discussing the characteristics of an opinion piece.
- We are learning the difference between singular and plural nouns.
- We are using subtractions strategies to help us subtract more fluently.
SIGHT WORDS FOR THE WEEK:
own, very, seven, not, too, seven
Spelling Words for the Week:
gate, safe, tribe, spike, glide, code, stole, tune, fuse, mute
Spotlight on Humanities
- Art: We are discussing and using warm and cool colors to create artwork.
- Physical Education: We are practicing our locomotor movements (feet move) and non locomotor movements (feet do not move).
- Music: We are singing songs about the seasons as well as exploring the seasons through dance.
< >Please help your child to keep all toys at home. It is very important to check your child’s agenda every night. The A-Z Readers are due back on Thursdays. They are sent home on Monday evening. Homework is due on Friday of every week. Please read with your child 30 minutes every night. Room temperatures can be cool or warm. Please have your child bring a light jacket or sweat shirt.
This week is Red Ribbon Week, Too Good for Drugs Week. Monday is Favorite Sports Team Day.Tuesday is Crazy Sock Day.Wednesday is Red Day.Thursday is Camo DayFriday is
Pajama Day. Fall Classroom Parties are this Friday at 1:00 p.m. No school on Tuesday, November 4 for Election Day.Fall Festival is Friday, November 7 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.