- We are working on identifying the main topic and details.
- We are reading and writing words with the long i sound (final e).
- We are beginning to learn more about the sun.
- We are continuing to distinguish between proper and common nouns.
- We are working on addition. We are learning strategies to help us add more fluently.
SIGHT WORDS FOR THE WEEK:
all, so, he, look & see
Spelling Words for the Week:
like, ride, smile, time, white, bike, dime, hide, ice and kite
Spotlight on Humanities
- Art: We are discussing and using warm and cool colors to create artwork.
- Physical Education: We are practicing our locomotor movements such as galloping, skipping, and leaping.
- Music: We are listening and learning about melody and its connection to art.
- September 29-October 2: Book Fair
- October 2: Family Reading Night/ Book Fair
- October 6: Fall Picture Day! J
- October 17 through October 26 is Fall Break! There will be no school.
- Please help your child to keep all toys at home.
- It is very important to check your child’s agenda every night.
- The A-Z Readers are due back on Thursdays. They are sent home on Monday evening.
- Homework is due on Friday of every week.
- Please read with your child 30 minutes every night.
- Please have your child bring a set of clothing. Accidents may happen.
- Room temperatures can be cool or warm. Please have your child bring a light jacket or sweat shirt.