- We are working on identifying the key details in nonfiction (informational) text.
- We are reading and writing words with the long a sound (final e).
- We will be reading about Johnny Appleseed and having a celebration on Friday.
- We are working on creating exclamatory (expressing/exciting) sentences.
- We are distinguishing between proper and common nouns.
- We are introducing verbs this week.
- We are working on addition once again. We are learning strategies to help us add more fluently.
SIGHT WORDS FOR THE WEEK:
the, with, did, to, long
Spelling Words for the Week:
face, made, age, safe, take, make, cage, cake, late, name
Spotlight on Humanities
- Art: We are discussing and using warm and cool colors to create artwork.
- Physical Education: We are practicing our locomotor movements such as galloping, skipping, and leaping.
- Music: We are listening and learning about melody and its connection to art.
- September 22: PTO @ 5:30
- September 23: Author Visit
- September 23: Board of Ed Meeting 6:30 @ Mapleton.
- September 25: Parent/Teacher Night: Standards Based Grading and Data Notebooks
- September 26: Johnny Appleseed Day
- September 29: Grandparent’s Eat with Your Grandchild Lunch
- September 29-October 2: Book Fair
- October 2: Family Reading Night/ Book Fair
- October 6: Fall Picture Day!
- October 17 through October 26 is Fall Break! There will be no school.
- Please help your child to keep all toys at home.
- It is very important to check your child’s agenda every night.
- The A-Z Readers are due back on Thursdays. They are sent home on Monday evening.
- Homework is due on Friday of every week.
- Please read with your child 30 minutes every night.
- Please have your child bring a set of clothing. Accidents may happen.
- Room temperatures can be cool or warm. Please have your child bring a light jacket or sweat shirt.
Johnny Appleseed Day: September 26
Please send in an apple related snack or item to school for our Johnny Appleseed Celebration!