The Montgomery County Community Scholarship booklet is available here:
/userfiles/1733/my files/community_scholarship_booklet_2015- 2016 updated.doc?id=548064
2018 United States Senate Youth Program
Any high school junior or senior student is eligible for the program provided he or she has not previously been a delegate to the program and is currently serving in a school wide, district, regional or state ELECTED capacity in a student government, civic or educational organization. Selected students should also possess a keen interest in government, have above average grades and be very articulate, as they will be participating in discussion groups with national leaders in Washington.
The U.S. Senate Youth Program offers two student leaders from each state a $10,000 college scholarship and an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, DC, to observe the U.S. Senate in action. It is funded entirely by the William Randolph Hearst Foundation
If you are interested, stop by guidance before September 29, 2017.
Kentucky Concrete Association Scholarship
*be a high school senior
*Entry Form included with all essays
*Posted marked by Thursday, November 30
*Entries should be typed, double spaced and not exceed 600 words
Stop by guidance for an applications.
Business Major Scholarship
KASBO awards $2,500 scholarships to three Kentucky high school graduating seniors who will major in business or education.
See application below:
/userfiles/1733/my files/kasbo-2017-18 scholarship-instructions-3.docx?id=552814
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 29th class in 2017, the Foundation has provided over 5,850 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $63 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship. Apply now!
Deadline: October 31, 5PM Eastern
Low-income student who has excelled academically may apply for early admission to multiple highly selective colleges for free using one application.
Apply at www.questbridge.org
Wendy's Heisman Scholarship
Visit www.wendysheisman.com to apply
100 Scholarship Winners. 2 From Every State.
The Wendy’s High School Heisman recognizes 2 winners—one male athlete and one female athlete—from each state.
- 90 State Winners receive a $1,000 scholarship
- 10 State Winners move on as National Finalists with a chance to attend the Wendy’s High School Heisman weekend in New York City
- 8 National Finalists receive a $5,000 scholarship
- 2 National Winners receive a $10,000 scholarship along with national honor and recognition during ESPN’s telecast of the college Heisman Memorial Trophy presentation
- Plus, the first 1,000 applicants get a $10 Wendy’s gift card!
The Hagan Scholarship
The Hagan Scholarship is a need-based merit scholarship for high achieving, self-motivated students in need of financial assistance in order to attend college. These students will graduate from a public high school located in a county in the United States having fewer than 50,000 residents. Over three hundred new scholarships will be awarded in April 2018. Hagan Scholars currently attend one hundred ninety four colleges and universities.
2017 Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must attend an Eligible Public High School; see List of Eligible Public High Schools.
- Must be a student in the 2018 high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a high school CGPA of 3.50 or higher.
- Must have scored 23 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score); or 1,200 on the SAT.
- Must enroll in a four-year college the first semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of college.
- Must complete the FAFSA in 2017 using 2016 tax return information.
FAFSA EFC must be less than $6,500.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
The intended recipient of a Hagan Scholarship is a high achieving, self-motivated student with high goals in need of financial assistance in order to attend college.
Interested in Berea College?
You may be eligible for the Pinnacle Scholar Award:
1. Have experience in volunteerism, community service & or contributions to the betterment of the lives of other, community or the world.
2. Demonstrate a tireless commitment to generosity
3. Be recognized as having a servant's heart.
See Guidance if you are interested.
George M. Luckey, Jr. Academic Honors Program Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
The Honors Scholarship is highly competitive and will be offered to a limited number of entering
freshmen each year. Before completing the Honors Scholarship Application, you must separately
submit a completed University Admissions Application Packet found at
(http://www.moreheadstate.edu/apply), high school transcript and ACT/SAT test scores to:
Office of Enrollment Services
121 Second Street
Morehead State University
Morehead, KY 40351
Recipients of the Honors Scholarship receive the following benefits:
• Scholarship covers tuition, on-campus housing cost up to a four-person suite, and $5000 for other
expenses; and is applied after other eligible aid is posted. Total financial aid may not exceed total
cost of attendance.
• Participation in the George M. Luckey, Jr. Academic Honors Program, access to the Honors House,
and residence in the Honors Learning Community
• An Undergraduate Research Fellowship with a faculty mentor
• Opportunities for regional engagement, service-learning and volunteer experiences
• Up to $1500 in funds to be used for a required overseas experience
• Priority Registration
2018 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
You could win $1,000 & a trip to Washington, D.C.
Access the application at: www.spirit.prudential.com
Deadline: November 17, 2017
Scholarships for Trade schools in Kentucky-
University of Dayton Leadership in Service Scholarship. If interested, see guidance. $10,000 and possible eligibility of the Dayton merit scholarship worth up to $88,000 over four years.
UEW Healthcare EEOICPA Scholarship. This scholarship is now available to any high school senior nationwide.
July 31st, 2018