Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications, servers and services. Initially a marketing term for a bundled set of applications, the first version of Office contained Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Over the years, Office applications have grown substantially closer with shared features such as a common spell checker, OLE data integration and Visual Basic for Applications scripting language. In our Digital Literacy classes I use Microsoft as a development platform for line-of-business software under the Office Business Applications brand.
Students will use a word processing program to create, save, print, modify, spell-check, and grammar-check a simple document
1.16 Students use computers and other kinds of technology to collect, organize, and communicate information and ideas. Students will design Company Letterheads.
2.37 Students demonstrate skills and work habits that lead to success in future schooling and work.
2.38 Students demonstrate skills such as interviewing, writing resumes, and completing applications that are needed to be accepted into college or other postsecondary training or to get a job.
PL-VS-1.16, 2.34, 2.37
• Build skill to increase their speed and accuracy. (keys)
• Use proper technique to quickly strike the Space Bar immediately after keying last letter in the word.
• Understand scientific and technological advancements can impact careers in the global economy.
• technology skills can enhance learning and be used in developing a career plan.
• communication and technological skills are used to seek, obtain and change jobs/careers.
• Learn to format personal business letters in block format