2nd Grade MAPLETON
“One Team, One Mission”
Great Things Are Happening in Second Grade!! March 26, 2012
This week students will continue learning the songs for the play. We also will be working on the class dance within our homerooms. Soon your child will bring home a CD with all the songs so that they can practice. Please encourage your child to practice at home. Please remember to check agenda books for homework and important notes. We would like to go ahead and get the shirts and ears ordered for the play so if you could send in your child’s money and shirt order form by Friday we would appreciate it.
Learning Targets for This Week:
· I can identify key details from the story.
· I can identify the author’s purpose in writing a text.
· I can identify tools that can be used to measure length.
· I can use the right tool to measure length.
· I can measure the length of objects with different units.
· I can solve word problems involving lengths that are given in the same unit.
· I can read tools of measurement to the nearest standard unit.
· I can measure and estimate lengths in standard units.
Spelling Words: phone, enough, stuff, laugh, puff, giraffe, graph, tough, photo, rough, cough, cliff, dolphin, physical, autograph
Dates to Remember:
March 27 – Pie Peddler Delivery
April 2-6 – Spring Break
April 10th @ 5:30- TEAM SOS meeting in our school library
May 3rd @ 6:00-Mickey Mouse Play-Parent Performance
Contact Information: 497-8752 or email: Jan.firstname.lastname@example.org