“One Team, One Mission
Great Things Are Happening in Second Grade!! January 30, 2012
We are settling into a daily routine with our small groups and learning centers. We would like to send home reading and math assignments for the week. Please have your child return the assignments on Friday. “B” Bucks will be given for all returned work!! Thank you so much for your help! We appreciate all that you do!
Learning Targets for This Week:
· I can identify rhyming words in a poem and how they give rhythm to the story or poem.
· I can recognize regular beats and repeated lines in a story.
· I can identify the main idea in a text.
· I can identify what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
· I can understand place value within 1,000.
· I can choose an appropriate strategy for solving addition or subtraction problems within 1,000.
Spelling Words: July, cook, stood, full, wood, put, shook, push, pull, brook, hook, hood, addition, poem, favorite, tell. Challenge words: pudding, cushion, footprint.
Dates to Remember:
Feb. 1 – Midterm Ends
Feb. 3 – “B” Buck Store
Feb. 6 – Midterm Goes Home
Mrs. Bowling, Mrs. Gay, Mrs. Holley, Mrs. Kelley, Mrs. Smith, and Mrs. Wingate
Contact Information: 497-8752 or email: email@example.com