Standards Based Grading
Please read the following for important information about our new grading system!
New Grading Scale: READING AND MATH ONLY
- Students will continue to receive a letter grade for Conduct. A different standards based report card will be given for math and reading.
- Each standard will be graded on a 4-point scale.
- 4 – mastered
- 3 – partially mastered
- 2 – still working/struggling
- 1 - not mastered
- Each student will receive a 4, 3, 2, or 1 on each standard. Grades for reading and math will be averaged based on their level of understanding. We receive this information based on common assessments (assessments the entire district takes) at the end of each unit.
Daily Work and Grades:
- Daily work and behavior will be counted towards their conduct grade for the nine weeks.
- Common assessments given at the end of each unit will determine whether your student has mastery of the skill and will be what is recorded on his/her report card. This score can change when the student retests on the standard.
Enrichment Opportunity and RTI:
- The first 30 minutes of the day, each teacher will be able to have small group instruction with 5-10 students (RTI). Students will be selected for small group instruction based on individual standards they have not yet mastered. Students who have mastered the standards will participate in accelerated reading (AR).
- When students have shown growth and understanding through practice, they will retest the standard. Once they have mastered the standard their grade will change in Infinite Campus, so please check for updated grades.