Daily Learning Targets
1. I can improvise and develop my own musical ideas, showing a practical application of melodic and harmonic theory to the style of the composition.
2. I can demonstrate high levels of skill in performance with expression and technique appropriate to the performance style and genre.
3. I can understand and use appropriate expressive elements while interpreting the compositions of others for performance.
4. I can comment in detail about the way a composer has produced a piece of composition, commenting on keys and modulation, textural combinations, form and structure, comparing it with what is typical for the style or genre concerned.
5. I can analyze the music of different cultures and historical periods.
6. I can perform compositions from different genres or styles, maintaining a part that may be different from other members of the group with sensitivity to the overall performance.
7. I can evaluate performances of music from different times and places showing an understanding of the techniques and style of the piece, awareness of different roles, and appropriate levels of skill and sensitivity to the overall effect.
8. I can perform music literature at the DISTINGUISHED Level as indicated by the KMEA Performance Assessment Rubric.